I have been reading and writing all my life. Business/nonfiction writing during my business career, spanning over 50 years; fiction reading for more years than I can count, and editing and writing fiction for over 30 years. I present workshops on creative writing for writers’ groups and conferences.
- Association Affiliations / Volunteer Activities
- NAIWE, National Association of Independent Writers and Editors
- American Society for Indexing, 2004‑2013
- Editorial Freelancers Association, 2007‑present
- Bay To Ocean Writers' Conference, 1997‑present
- Eastern Shore Writers’ Association, 2005‑present
- Maryland Writers' Association (served as President, Secretary, and Vice President)
- Kent County Chamber of Commerce, 1998‑2007
- Second Place, 27th Annual San Antonio Writers Guild Crossroads 2019
- Quarter finalist, Amazon Breakout Novel Awards 2013, The Brownstone
- 2nd place winner 2008 Caroline County Short Story Contest; 3rd place winner 2010 Caroline County Short Story Contest
- Rehoboth Beach (DE) Reads, Short Story Contest, 2015, 2016
I have been indexing books since 2007 and include among my clients WIFP and STOCK Publishers, Roman & Littlefield, University of Nebraska Press, Shore Thing Publishing. In addition, I work directly with authors who are self-publishing. I invite you to follow me on Facebook and LinkedIn. I also write book reviews for the New York Journal of Books.